Paperkeg #75 | Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
Paperkeg gathers one final time before the Extended Hiatus™. This week’s book club is Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow by Alan Moore. Setlist goes something like this: news, comic chatter, a book club, and your letters! Special thanks to YOU for our iTunes reviews and/or ratings so far; they help spread the word about the show.
Topics included, but were not limited to:
- (05.00) - Stan Lee’s lifeforce
- (06.30) - Life in general
- (07.30) - Ben Affleck speaks
- (09.14) - NYCC ticket sales records
- (12.00) - Comics chatter: Birds of Prey, TMNT, TMNT: Micro Series, and The Punisher
- (27.00) - Lightning Round™: Captain America & The Black Widow, Happy, The Phantom Stranger, and Think Tank
- (29.45) - Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
- (50.00) - Letters: blarkives, Jonesy is the reason for the end of the show, emotions, blackest night, favorite book clubs
- (62.00) - Slim says a few things about Paperkeg
- (65.00) - Final thoughts
It’s the last episode of your mother’s favorite comic book podcast. This is seriously the best comics round table in the world. Ever.
If you haven’t been listening, do yourself a favor and check out the last 75 episodes.
These guys will make you laugh and cry and scream for hours.
Paper Keg was a lot like hanging out with four good pals every week. I really appreciated the wife/child updates and I loved learning about your comics’ aspirations. Most of all I’ll miss the zingers… my god, the brutal, personal insults to one another that can only come from real friendship… Beautiful.
You guys are an inspiration. Hurry back, @Paperkeg we hardly knew ye.